2010 Feb. 17: ME Pittsfield: (VIDEO) firefighters douse smoldering ashes with only charred wood boiler remainiing
Pittsfield Home Loses Heat to Fire
A wood boiler used to heat a Pittsfield home caught fire on Tuesday.
Fire crews received a report of a fire on the Hussey Road just after 1 o’clock Tuesday afternoon.
Pittsfield’s fire chief says it appears there was some sort of problem with the wood boiler in the home.
Several departments were able to stop the flames from reaching a nearby barn.
It’s estimated the damage could cost the homeowners between 7 and 10 thousand dollars
2010 Feb. 17: ME Pittsfield: (VIDEO) smoldering ashes of home with only charred wood boiler remainiing.