Fight against air pollution
Every time you take a breath, you expose yourself to particulate matter, which can be hazardous to your health.
Particulate matter pollution is made up of tiny particles that can affect you and your family’s health. And it comes from things we use every day—from yard equipment, to energy use, and even wood burning fires. Visit cleantheair.org for tips on how you can help reduce particulate matter pollution in the Chicagoland area.
What do you know about particulate matter pollution?
Test your knowledge and enter to win!
- 1 True or False: Tiny soot and dust particles can make the sky look hazy.
- 2 True or False: If you are healthy, you do not need to check your local air quality forecast before outdoor activities.
- 3 True or False: Using environmentally-friendly "low VOC" paint and household cleaning products can help reduce particle pollution.
- 4 Children are at risk because their lungs are still:
- 5 True or False: High concentrations of particulate matter, unlike ozone, can occur year-round.
Enter to win
Only residents in these counties are eligible
Choose Cook DuPage Lake Grundy Kane Kendall McHenry Will
- First name
- Last name
- Zip code
- Ex: 555-555-5555
How did you hear about this site?
Choose TV Radio Web site Word of mouth Other
- I am over 18
- I agree to the contest rules
- Note: Only one entry is permitted per person during the sweepstakes.
What can you win?
We will randomly select three winning entries!
Each winner will be awarded an ENERGY STAR appliance or product valued at up to $600. Winners will pick an ENERGY STAR appliance or product (electronics and computers excluded) from a list of selected prize options. This list will include items such as dishwashers, washing machines, water heaters and air conditioners. Please see full contest rules for more information.
Partners for Clean Air
Partners for Clean Air is a coalition dedicated to bringing cleaner air to the Chicago metropolitan area. It unites businesses, organizations and individuals all committed to reducing harmful emissions and improving air quality.
Learn and win
The Particulate Matters to Me program was created to educate Chicago-area residents on what causes particulate matter pollution, the inherent risks, and the actions individuals can take to reduce this type of pollution.
Take the quiz and complete the form to be entered for a chance to win ENERGY STAR appliances.
Have the air quality forecast sent directly to your inbox or mobile device! Subscribe to Illinois Enviroflash for air quality and Air Pollution Action Day alerts.
© Particulate Matters to Me – Rules
Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.