2010 April 2: WI Lancaster: unattended burn barrel causes fire: Fire causes $50,000 damage to garage
LANCASTER, Wis. — What started as a brush fire ended with $50,000 damage to a garage Thursday around 10:45 a.m. in Ellenboro Township.
No one was injured.
Members of the Lancaster Fire Department said the fire started when an unattended burn barrel caught the grass below it on fire. The flames trailed long grass and insulation around water pipes for an outside wood stove and engulfed the garage.
Thirty-two fire and EMS personnel had the fire under control in about an hour.
Firefighters and equipment from the Platteville and Potosi fire departments were used.