2010 March 27: MA Sherborn: Wood stove insert ignites fire in Sherborn home

Photos

Wicked Local Photo by Marshall Wolff

A fire caused about $150,000 in damage to this house at 7 Leland Drive, Sherborn.

By Evan Lips, MetroWest Daily News
Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 01:29 PM
Sherborn —
A blaze that engulfed a three-family house, displacing one family on March 27, was caused by a poorly constructed wood stove insert, Sherborn fire officials said.
 
“We received a call at 10:21 a.m. from a residence at 7 Leland Drive,” said Fire Chief Neil McPherson. “No one was hurt, but we estimate the fire caused $150,000 in damage to the house.”
McPherson said the fire started on the first floor and quickly spread up to the roof. He added that Sherborn fire officials received mutual aid from Ashland and Natick.
“Our first truck was on the scene in three minutes,” said McPherson. “The fire was out and the house was cleared by 1:52 p.m.”
He said the displaced family did not request additional help.
“We offered to contact the Red Cross for them, but they said they will be staying with family in the area,” said McPherson.
 
 
Advertisements
This entry was posted in M1 ("Ma") States: ME, MD, MA = Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s