2010 March 31: MA Milford firefighters tackle smoky stove

By Anonymous
Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 10:55 AM
MILFORD —
Firefighters responded to 12 Parker Hill Avenue around 1:30 yesterday afternoon to deal with smoke caused by a pellet stove malfunction.
Chief John Touhey said there was a blockage in the stove’s flue, which caused smoke to fill the house.
"With woodstoves and fireplaces, if they’re not maintained adequately, they do get creosote build-ups," Touhey said. "That’s what this was – a lack of maintenance."
He said firefighters vented the smoke with fans and open windows, and checked the walls for any sign of fire.
Advertisements
This entry was posted in M1 ("Ma") States: ME, MD, MA = Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s